The Breeders Connection Boards
TBC Sale Ring     TBC Chat Room     TBC Directory

Go Back   The Breeders Connection Boards > The Breeder's Connection > The Breeder's Board
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-26-2010, 12:24 PM   #1
bullfighter559
Gold Member

bullfighter559 is on a distinguished road
Default bucking bull prices

just trying to figure out prices because some people just have a riidiculous price on there bulls i know blood lines matter a lil to but not to much
80-84 point bulls?
85- 89 point bulls?
90 plus point bulls
bullfighter559 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 01:53 PM   #2
borntobuck
Administrator

borntobuck is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullfighter559 View Post
just trying to figure out prices because some people just have a riidiculous price on there bulls i know blood lines matter a lil to but not to much
80-84 point bulls?
85- 89 point bulls?
90 plus point bulls
80 - 84 / $1,500.00 - $2,500.00

85 - 89 / $2,500.00 - $5,000.00

90+ / $5,000.00++++
borntobuck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 02:53 PM   #3
SAW Ranch
Breeder's Connection Junkie

SAW Ranch is on a distinguished road

SAW Ranch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 08:04 PM   #4
Doug Munsell
Gold Member

Doug Munsell is on a distinguished road

We just sold a lower end bull 18-20 pointer through Winter LS in Dodge City yesterday brought .75 cents a pound and a paycheck for 1250.00. Heck I got a lot more that are better than him that may end up there next week. Too many bulls not enough serious buyers. People that are buying need to wisen up to what killers will bring, many of them don't even know what that is and want to give you ridiculously low amounts for your livestock.
Doug Munsell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 08:15 PM   #5
dakoda
Gold Member

dakoda is on a distinguished road

i got an 85 to 88 pointer ill sell you fot $2000
dakoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 10:27 PM   #6
CC-S
Gold Member

CC-S is on a distinguished road

It's not that the market is bad or are people pricing their bulls to high.If you got a 86 or above bull he will bring more than what was posted if you don't believe me go check bulls stats that average that score and call the in dividual that owns that bull and I promise you nobody will sell that bull for 5000.00.More than likely your not going to get that bull bought for 10,000.00.What I believe is wrong with the market is people aren't hauling their good bulls where they can be seen.You don't have to haul them to just Cups or Touring Pros to get people talking about them.You can take them to Junior or Open Rodeo's and believe me if he is that good everytime you haul him you will get the money you want for him.I think people are just settling instead of hauling them and that is what hurting the market.It takes time to get good money for a bull and you have to prove to everyone he is that good.If everybody would just quit settling and quit giving them away the market would get better.This is just my two cents worth though.
CC-S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 10:38 AM   #7
Finny
Gold Member

Finny is on a distinguished road

I agree with the above statement. It takes alot of outs and a bull being hauled before it "should" be sold as being this or that everytime!! Also,just my 2 cents, but I will sell my females on the rail before i let someone "have" my bloodlines for next to nothing! If others would do the same the market would bounce back a lot faster!! Again,just my 2 cents!
Finny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 10:58 AM   #8
Summerrain
Breeder's Connection Junkie

Summerrain is on a distinguished road

What Jerome and Matt makes alot of sense

Im no expert by no means, but have learned alot from some that have been doing this a long time. I had a guy call me once, been in the business about 2 yrs. Wanted to listed a couple of great grandsons of Skat Kat on Behind the barn.. no problem.. then he told me he wanted $5K each for them... I asked him if he had videos of them bucking, nope he said, never bucked them, they were yearlings.. their dam had no breeding behind her... I told him, IMO , he would never get that for them, probably not even sale barn price... he said, why, they are from Skat Kat.. I tried to explain to him, first they are so far out from Skat Kat, and second, if they bucked and he had a video and they were acceptional buckers then Yes, he may get what he was asking. He couldnt understand it... after talking to him more.. I realized, he was clueless to this business. To many new folks need to learn more about the industry and cattle in general before jumping in.. dont get me wrong, we need new folks to keep the business thriving, but they also need to learn, do their homework.. JMO
Summerrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 01:22 PM   #9
buckingb
Gold Member

buckingb is on a distinguished road

I agree with Jerome and Matt also.
buckingb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 02:59 PM   #10
bullfighter559
Gold Member

bullfighter559 is on a distinguished road

yea ive heard of people asking 50 grand plus for bulls that are just 21 pointers theres a million 85-87 pointers out there all day.. even big tex was bought for under 15grand i believe and hes been bull of the year contender
bullfighter559 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old   Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links