The Breeders Connection Boards
TBC Sale Ring     TBC Chat Room     TBC Directory

Go Back   The Breeders Connection Boards > The Breeder's Connection > The Breeder's Board
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-10-2010, 10:55 PM   #1
WalkerJ-W
Breeder's Connection Junkie

WalkerJ-W is on a distinguished road
Default CBR/NBBA vs. PBR/ABBI

Say the so called "Powers that Be in the ABBI/PBR" decided to play in the NBBA and CBR Bull Games how would that effect the market for bulls and or bull breeders in general? Would they be able to put it in a strangle hold & would it push the value of the upper middle class bull right out of the spectrum? Before anyone gets their feathers ruffled *I'm not saying NBBA/CBR Bull Games are upper middleclass events. I'm just saying what if bullmen who have mass quanities of high caliber bulls that do not compete at NBBA/CBR events decided to do so could they could they take over the competition? It's just a thought I had and I would like to hear some other folks opinions.
WalkerJ-W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 11:07 PM   #2
JustinCrawford

JustinCrawford is on a distinguished road

tom teague has a bull that is being hauled to the NBBA events by marty foutch. but the NBBA/CBR arent afiliated.
JustinCrawford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 11:15 PM   #3
CThrash13

CThrash13 is on a distinguished road

If the PBR/ABBI people did dominate the CBR/NBBA competitions, another organization would just open up to take in some of the next-best bulls. As long as people are paying entry fees, there will be money to be won.

As for the actual topic, I think the top-five ABBI bulls would definitely rack up some serious money and wins in the NBBA events. That being said, there are probably several bulls in the NBBA events that would fare well in the ABBI events as well. A year or so ago, I'd give the PBR bulls a huge advantage over the CBR bulls. After looking at it closer, however, the CBR has closed the gap. There are some really rank bulls being hauled to CBR events.

The gap is closer nowadays, but the PBR/ABBI is still the cream of the crop in my opinion.
CThrash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 11:54 PM   #4
Zip
Regular Guy

Zip is on a distinguished road

You asked how would it affect the market for bulls and or bull breeders in general. My guess is it would not affect the market at all. There are only so many opportunities for bucking bulls to be used as bucking bulls. They can appear in bull riding events, and they can compete at bull competitions, and they can be used for breeding. That's about it.

If there are x number of bulls and y number of opportunities, what affects the market is the value of x and y. Period. You can finagle ways in which people's perception of value is changed (like in real estate or collectibles), but these are artificial environments, and in some cases they are like a house of cards.

The reality is, if x increases, it is going to be harder to sell bulls - especially average to weak ones - unless y increases at a greater rate.
Zip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 08:57 AM   #5
Barfrodeo

Barfrodeo is on a distinguished road

Ok, I'm going to address this from my personal standpoint, not speaking for Marty or anyone else! The NBBA and the CBR are two seperate entities, the Bull Games are produced by the CBR. NBBA and CBR have co-sanctioned events in the past and may in the future. Who is to say the NBBA and ABBI may not do the same in the future....

Look at the NBBA year end money standings, in the top 50 Futurity bulls only 7 bulls have not won money in 2010; top 40 Derby bulls only 6 bulls do not have 2010 money earnings. The money is being spread out in all organizations, looking at the numbers how can a person honestly say anyone is dominating?? That being said, does it really matter where a person competes, what initials are on the event? If it it a good event, why eliminate any one from having an opportunity to go compete and win money? It's good for the business!! Whether it is Tom Teague competing in the NBBA or Marty Foutch competing in the ABBI, I think it shows how strong the aged event level is more people wanting to play the game!

Just my opinion!
Michele
Barfrodeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 09:05 AM   #6
CThrash13

CThrash13 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barfrodeo View Post
That being said, does it really matter where a person competes, what initials are on the event? If it it a good event, why eliminate any one from having an opportunity to go compete and win money? It's good for the business!! Whether it is Tom Teague competing in the NBBA or Marty Foutch competing in the ABBI, I think it shows how strong the aged event level is more people wanting to play the game!

Just my opinion!
Michele
Very well said! The bull business is definitely in pretty good shape.
CThrash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 11:51 AM   #7
threeb

threeb is on a distinguished road

And folks that think bulls bucked at the CBR and/ or the NBBA are inherently inferior to bulls bucked at other organizations have not been paying attention. It's just simply not the case. Do this... Go to the CBR website and watch the live stream recording from the Tulsa event earlier this year. You will see a GREAT set of bulls that I will compare to anything else. In my opinion, folks with good bulls should buck them wherever and whenever they choose, regardless of the initials on the event. Look for another Major announcement from CBR in the next two weeks regarding bull competitions with Unprecedented opportunities to win HUGE prize money.
threeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 12:05 PM   #8
threeb

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkerJ-W View Post
Say the so called "Powers that Be in the ABBI/PBR" decided to play in the NBBA and CBR Bull Games how would that effect the market for bulls and or bull breeders in general? Would they be able to put it in a strangle hold & would it push the value of the upper middle class bull right out of the spectrum? Before anyone gets their feathers ruffled *I'm not saying NBBA/CBR Bull Games are upper middleclass events. I'm just saying what if bullmen who have mass quanities of high caliber bulls that do not compete at NBBA/CBR events decided to do so could they could they take over the competition? It's just a thought I had and I would like to hear some other folks opinions.
21 out of 30 bull team owners won money this year in the league. We have set up a competion that can't be dominated by one or two teams. If the same two or three guys win every time the deal will fizzle out over time. The more you can spread the wealth the healthier the organization will be in the long run. Because of the success of the Bull Team Challenge we are about to vote on league expansion with yearly million dollar payouts. Stay tuned
Old 08-11-2010, 12:20 PM   #9
WalkerJ-W

WalkerJ-W is on a distinguished road

That sounds like a great deal. Thanks for all the info & opinions on the matter. It was just a deep thought from a shallow mind lol.
WalkerJ-W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 12:35 PM   #10
threeb

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkerJ-W View Post
That sounds like a great deal. Thanks for all the info & opinions on the matter. It was just a deep thought from a shallow mind lol.
I think it's a great and relevant question Jeremy. There are a lot of really good bulls out there these days and there are more opportunities coming every day for those good bulls. That's good for all of us and we should be talking about it. Thanks for bringing it up.

Old   Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links